Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Instant Pot Garlic Pepper Spare Ribs


I live in a small one bedroom apartment with a tiny kitchen. I do not have any open counter space because I own a million kitchen appliances. You name it, I probably have it. And currently, my new favorite is the Instant Pot! I recently upgraded to the newest model, well, because it has a pretty blue LCD screen and a fancy turn dial. But new model or not, it's awesome. I've been pretty busy the last few months with work travel and fun travel that I've been neglecting my normal weekend meal prep. That's where this Instant Pot comes in! It cuts down my cook time so much that I'm able to prep everything all before the sun goes down. I've only ever made stew and braises in my Instant Pot and I wanted to give ribs a whirl. Well, they came out amazingly tender and so flavorful! 

Instant Pot Garlic Pepper Spare Ribs

What you'll need:
  • 1.5-2 lbs pork spare ribs, trimmed
  • 1/4 cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce (I used Red Boat)
  • 3 tbsp whole black peppercorns
  • 7-10 garlic cloves, peeled
  • small handful cilantro
  • 2 stalks scallions, roughly chopped
What to do: 
  1. In a food processor, combine, the coconut aminos (or tamari), fish sauce, black peppercorns, garlic cloves, cilantro, and scallions. Pulse until a thick paste - like mixture forms. 
  2. Place the spare ribs in the Instant Pot and pour the marinade over the ribs. Massage the marinade into the pork. Flip the pork so it's meaty side down. 
  3. Replace the lid of the Instant Pot and manually set it to 22 minutes on High pressure. Allow the Instant Pot to do it's thing. 
  4. Once it's finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release (allow the valve to depress on its own). Preheat the oven to 450F. 
  5. Carefully, remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and place on a silicone lined baking sheet. Brush some of the juices onto the ribs. Roast for 6 minutes. Allow the ribs to rest before serving.
  6. The remaining juices can be reduced and used as a dipping sauce. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

See What Else I'm Cooking

Powered by Blogger.